In 1959 a special seal was created for the United States Navy. Later that seal was used on a flag to be displayed on shore by color guards. The basic design was a reproduction of the Navy seal which had been in use for almost 200 years. It shows a Revolutionary War vessel with the national flag, the naval pennant, and the rank flag of the commanding officer. In the foreground is an American bald eagle with a large anchor behind it. In the official seal the foreground showed some land. However, when the flag was adopted the Secretary of the Navy insisted that only the ocean be represented, without any land area.
All Annin Flagmakers flags are sewn in either South Boston, VA or Coshocton, OH. Annin’s superior quality is time-tested and meets the requirements of the most discerning buyer.
- Made in the USA! This is an AUTHENTIC Annin Flagmakers flag. SINCE 1847- the OLDEST and LARGEST manufacturer of flags. Made in our factories in South Boston, VA or Coshocton, OH by one of our OVER 500 employees. Don’t accept an imitation!
- Be a Part of History! Annin made the flag that draped Abraham Lincoln’s casket, the flag raised on Iwo Jima and the US flags sent to the moon. Own a piece of history by the HIGHEST QUALITY manufacturer of flags- Family owned for OVER 167 Years.
- Quality! Expertly printed and sewn using Annin’s 200 DENIER NYLON fabric in our Virginia factory with our exclusive SolarGuard(TM) dyes. PROVEN to last the longest and be the BRIGHTEST. DURABLE fabric flies in the lightest breeze. Blocks damaging UV rays.
- Expert Craftsmanship! Our expertise in advanced digital and screen printing uses a three step process to penetrate our custom dyes into durable weather-resistant nylon. We then steam set to activate the color and lock it into the fabric.
- Annin Presentation Box! Each flag ships in an OFFICIAL ANNIN FLAGMAKERS presentation box. Makes an excellent gift to PROUDLY display in Support of our Service Men and Women.